Spread the Word
P2PU is hiring a Django Developer, all the details are below. Even if you’re not a developer, you can help. Tell all your friends we’re hiring by tweeting/sharing the following:
— P2P University (@p2pu) December 12, 2011
Django Developer – About the Job
We are seeking a solid Django developer to help work on the P2PU website. This is a full-time remote contract position, open immediately. Join our passionate, diverse, and global team.
See “Apply” below for application details.
About P2PU – Why we’re here and how we’re changing the world:
- P2PU is an online community for learning anything with your peers. We’re recognized as a 501(c)3 non-profit public charity in the United States.
- Over 20,000 individuals use P2PU. Our community is global, multi-lingual, and incredibly passionate about learning.
- We’re funded by respected foundations and top industry partners. We have a great staff supporting an amazing community of volunteers.
- P2PU values openness, community, and peer learning. We’re changing the way people learn from each other online.
Responsibilities – How you’ll spend your time:
Write maintainable code, working as part of a distributed team. Contribute to development at all stages, from inception / brainstorming, community review / user testing, through implementation and distribution.
Requirements – You should have most or all of the following:
- Full-stack experience, you can ship a web application on your own.
- Experience building web applications in Django.
- At least 3-5 years experience developing and deploying web sites and applications
- Strong command line skills. Fluency in the tools of your trade (git, pip, virtualenv, etc).
- Experience with open source software and communities.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Comfortable collaborating with designers, front-end developers and other team members.
- Strong organizational skills, you don’t let things slip through the cracks.
Bonus Points – Not necessary, but highly favorable:
- Previous contributions to P2PU.
- Contributions to other open source software projects.
- An eye and passion for design (typography, branding, etc).
- Experience working as part of an asynchronous distributed team.
- Experience building APIs / web services.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Perks – Working at P2PU is awesome, here’s why:
- 100% Remote – We’re a global organization. Work from anywhere: a coworking space, a faraway land, your bed… as long as you have an internet connection. Set your own schedule: work early mornings, late nights, whenever you like.
- 100% Open Source – We open source all of our code, in fact we require it. Check out our Github.
- We’re changing the world.
- We embrace transparency – You can view our project pipeline, read our emails, and contribute as a volunteer.
Apply – What to include in your application and where to send it:
To apply, send the following to email@example.com in a single PDF. “Django Developer” should be the subject line.
- Cover Letter including
- Why you want this job.
- A link to your Github profile or a link to some of your favorite code you’ve written.
- Links to applications you’ve built that are currently online.
- What you would learn if you could learn anything.
- Resume / CV
P2PU, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.